Time to celebrate the fall harvest!
What brings people together? Food! What pairs best with food? A drink! What kind of drink do you pair with your food? Come to Spark October 14 and let us teach you.
Join Spark on October 14 from 7:00 PM to midnight, as the fall harvest is honoured at ‘Bon Appétit’. Explore the intersection of socialization, history and geography that food represents, learn how food has connected humanity through history, and take a deep dive into what the future of farming looks like – all while enjoying delicious bites, drinks, science and live music!
What can you expect from an 18+ night at the science centre?
- The entire science centre is open for adults-only!
- Partake in a beer sampling garden featuring local breweries and distilleries.
- Taste delicious small plates from local vendors and restaurants at a special food market, including Italian and Indigenous foods.
- Play with adorable furry friends from PALS (Pet Access League Society).
- Enjoy fun learning sessions led by industry experts, including keynote speakers Orsha Magyar from Neurotrition and mycologist Sean Campbell.
- Watch a live cooking demonstration, of both local and international cuisine, from the Egg Farmers of Alberta.
- Stomp your way through large buckets of grapes to experience the traditional way to make wine.
- Listen to live Music from Joel Fraser and DJ Chris Brennan, as well as an open mic.
- Catch a show in the newly renovated Infinity Dome.
- Enjoy food games, egg races, a petting zoo… and so much more.
Spark Memberships for Adults and Students
During Spark After Dark, Spark Members receive all kinds of perks like free parking and admission to events, as well as a 15% discount at the Spark Eatery, Astronaut Ice Cream café and the Spark Store! Buy a Spark Membership here, and always have exclusive access to science!