Spark is putting the SUM in summer!
Grab some graph paper, Spark is plotting something big for the summer! There are new things, cool exhibits, tasty new treats and exciting experiments all summer long at TELUS Spark Science Centre. Add up the fun with some science at Spark for the perfect summer equation.
- Spark has partnered with a #YYC creative icon, PARK™ (Promoting Artists Redefining Kulture), and together, the team is putting the PARK in SPARK!
- Explore the newly-renovated Brainasium Outdoor Park, get hands-on in the kids-only Junkyard Playground and visit the Gathering Circle, a place to get together and share Indigenous stories and knowledge.
- Spark’s new summer ice cream cone at Astronaut Ice Cream café is Back to the Moon, a tribute to NASA’s Artemis moon missions (vanilla/black chocolate swirl soft-serve + chocolate-dipped cone + sprinkles + strawberry sauce + Artemis 1 cookie + vanilla pretzel clusters).
- Try the cool new drinks from Astronaut Ice Cream café, including the Matcha Ray Burst (Matcha green tea + yuzu + marmalade + whipping cream) and Yuzu Italian Soda Float (soda + yuzu + marmalade + vanilla soft serve).
- Enjoy all the science-infused experiences at Spark, from the Sacred Defenders of the Universe digital immersion experience, to Wonderspaces, Birdly and Pixelarius VR.
- Become immersed in 360-degree science films in the Infinity Dome, including the newly launched Great Bear Rainforest (on until September 8).
- Hear from Parks Canada about the use of prescribed forest fires and the story of conserving Whitebark Pines!
- August is Hot-Bot Summer, where guests can learn about all things robot during the next Spark After Dark: So Robot on August 11.
- Cheer on your favourite robot destructor as Spark hosts the Kilabots National Championship on August 12-13.
- Get that summer shopping fix inside the one-stop science shop at the Spark Store.
- Plus so much more!